Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Adventures

Growing up, I've always desired to live beyond my imagination. There were a lot of times I thought it was just day dreaming but my heart knew that what I dreamed of could be done. So to every person I met in all my travels doing missionary work, I am pleased to say this blog is for those who believed and helped and more importantly loved me.

I've always told my story in summary but never spoke about the doubts, victories, pains, hurts, fearful moments, or the greatest moments I've experiences. Donald Miller once said "Your story is worth telling". And I believed it for whatever reason. So this blog is my story.

A few lessons I've learned in this adventure of life:

1- The friends you start with might not make it with you to the end for good or bad reasons. But there is always more people you'll meet as you move forward. The new friends might not be the same old friends but you learn to love differently as you do life with them.

2- There are times you are going to face a lot of people who will look at your life and doubt that you'll become anything in this lifetime. But we're called to live in a manner of living with all our minds, heart, strength, not the mind, heart and strength of other people. People will fail us no matter who it is but keep focused on what is ahead (Christ)

3- The biggest threat and doubter is going to be yourself in this adventure of life. It is not you that changes the world but a great God changes the world.

4- The moment you settle is the moment you believe you are at the end of your journey. DON'T SETTLE FOR LESS!

5- People will talk about you and live off on your failures. Jesus says; Take off anything that entangles you and run the race and fix your eyes on Jesus not on your failures or mistakes and start running forward.

6- Always remember to think like a rich man and live like the poor man but never ever accept a poverty mindset in your life.
A rich man thinks he "able to do so" on whatever it is and the poor man is focused on living with the simplest lifestyle, but the poverty mindset doesn't believe in quality.

7- Lastly, Always remember when you are doing what God tells you. You have to remember that your destination is going to be a priceless moment that money can't buy or all the pleasures in the world isn't worth the trade because it God's will is like an adventure that you find an original mystery that no one could possibly understand unless they've been with you. That when I say you've found a piece of yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment