Friday, September 10, 2010

Unexpected Connections

They say hanging out with the right crowd will have a better influence in your life and help you get where you're going. This might be so true.

I remember going to my outreach meeting for Cuba in the summer of 02 at "Christ for the Nations Bible College." I was walking with a good friend of mine name Gabiel (Bibi) from San Diego. As we were walking I heard a whisper in my ear saying "Costa Rica." I told Bibi and said "I think Costa Rica is going to be my next step after finishing school." Bibi told me right there and then, "Aaron, lets pray that God will lead to you to Costa Rica according to His will." Bibi was the one who consistently encouraged me to do a missions trip. It was Bibi that God used to lead me to a road that would change my life for good.

In my second semester of college another friend of mine, Ron from Hawaii, one day told me that his pastor was going to be the guest speaker for the week and he said that my life was going to change. (He was right.)

Ron's Pastor's name was Loren Cunningham, The founder of Youth with A Mission. Me and my other friends all met Loren and we had a great time talking to him. Then there was this Holy Spirit moment when Pastor Loren looked at me with eyes that wasn't him asking a question. He said, "Aaron Ortega, where are you going after Christ for the Nations?" I replied "Costa Rica Sir!" The next thing he told me was the conformation of a lifetime. "Aaron, I have a base in Costa Rica, I'll send you a referral to the base director there."

I finished CFNI in December of 2003 and then started Youth with a Mission in the next month in January. Now before I tell you anything else I have to say something about all this build up to Costa Rica.

I've learned something about God's will and this subject about has always been something hard for me personally to get ahold of. And I want to share a few things about God's will.

1. It always starts with a selfless desire, a desire that out of your own character. For example, I didn't even know where Costa Rica was at the time when me and Bibi were praying, but I knew in my heart that it was a significant place for me. The desire will grab your heart. Trust me, these desires are obvious godly desires because it's not you desiring these things but Christ in you that does.

2. God's will isn't just a feeling but mindful. You can't stop thinking about it because you know it the right move and step in your life and you know in your mind you have to do it. Sometimes we need dreams and visions to confirm our mind. God can speak through dreams and visions just like he did with Joseph in the bible.

 3. God's will will always lead you to the right people to connect you to your destination. There will be people who will believe with you and not only that but help you to get there. Bibi prayed with me and believed God would reveal the next steps, open doors in my life. Ron was a valuable person too and this was because he was my personal friend that lead me to the right guy (Loren) and he was the person who had the answer to "where in Costa Rica?" (YWAM).

Amazing with what little we all have can help someone (Me) go to a place where his life would be changed forever.

I am sharing this to point out that God's will was leading me to meet the most unexpected person that would change my life.  Sarah Faith Godfrey..... That will be my next blog about Costa Rica.

I really seen that having godly friends really connected me and grounded me with God's will.
I couldn't have made it to Costa Rica with people who were not connected to God themselves, people who were connecting daily with God and becoming people who love their neighbors. I can tell you I have neighbors that loved me and helped me.

No comments:

Post a Comment